<VV> Dropped a valve seat 65 brier

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Mar 4 11:27:30 EST 2010

I agree with Bryan. Although you roll the dice and can win with a used
head, I suggest having the seats redone by one of our machine work
suppliers that knows Corvair heads. IIRC, that would be Steve Goodman, Mike
LeVeque and others I don't RC. ggg

I have dropped too many seats over the years to trust unknown heads. But I
have several running Corvairs on "untrusted" heads at the moment. So I do
roll the dice when the situation warrants. A $50 used head is way cheaper
than $500 seat replacement. I also spent the money to have two sets of
heads ready to build engines that have been re-seated by "professionals"
above.

This also shows that 95 heads are not imune to dropping seats.

Frank DuVal

Frank DuVal