<VV> What Issue Communique?

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Mon Mar 8 00:28:52 EST 2010

At 10:18 AM 3/7/2010, Vairtec Corporation wrote:
>For you long-time members and Communique collectors:
>
>Many years ago (mid-80s, I think), the Fitch Phoenix appeared   on the
>cover of the Communique.  The photo was taken, I think, at Lime Rock,
>and I think the same issue may have featured an interview with John
>Fitch.  Anyway, does anyone out there have ready access to their
>Communiques, such that they can confirm for me the issue date?

Along with the '85 Communique, John Fitch also appears on the cover
of the June 1980 Communique in race trim, seated in a late Corvair at
Lime Rock.

Another *nice* photo of Fitch seated in the Phoenix was on the cover
of the Corsa Quarterly, Volume 5, Number 1.   The photo was taken
Sept 1975 at Limerock.   Kinda confusing since inside the cover the
text states that it was taken on the way to Interlaken Inn at a
Corsa-Northwest miniconvention.   Corsa Northwest?

tony..