<VV> CORSA Members on the Internet

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 9 10:04:23 EST 2010

That's what I find with myself. I belong to at least one club that posts
their "newsletter/mag" via the internet. I find that unless it's emailed
directly to me, I never bother going online to retreve such "publications."
It's probably one reason I hate the "forum" type of newsgroups (the other
being that you have to search for what topics you want to read).

So for those reasons, if any club that I'd belong to (like CORSA) goes
strictly internet, I effectively consider them to "not have" a
newsletter/mag. At which point, why bother belonging?

A newsletter or other publication is the lifeblood of a club. Always was
and always will be. If printing and mailing were free, would you limit
yourself to mailing if you knew that you could only reach PART of your
membership that way?

-Mark

internet connections BUT I would not be willing to devote the time resource
to read electronic 'magazines' ... with a paper magazine there is no 'log
on' time involved and no download time and no expensive equipment required.
I can pick up a light weight magazine and carry it anywhere to read at my
leisure; if I lay down a paper magazine anywhere the odds are it will
remain there until I return.  If 'lost' there is no financial penalty, no
insurance claims, no other information / records / security lost.

> I will continue to belong as long as I am capable even if they go to all
electronic ... but I will probably NEVER 'log on' to read the publication.