<VV> Hosting (no Corvair)

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Mar 10 10:22:27 EST 2010

Hi Tim,

You are confusing "Hosting" with "Web hosting".  Web services are a subset of hosting.  "Hosting" can include a lot of things - all of which are available from various hosting providers.  I can guarantee you that you can pay over $900 per year for hosting from any number of providers, including Simplehost.  Using SimpleHost as an example, to replace the server here would at *minimum* require their service that *starts* at $40/month and goes up to $100/month.  I can see some advantages to going that way.  I can see some disadvantages too.  CORSA actually pays $850/year for hosting - are the potential advantages worth $370 in savings?  Is it worth risking  that it might coast $1200/year instead of $850?

This is sort of like buying an "engine".  A Corvair engine could reasonably cost $50.  It could also cost $5000.  The question is, what are you getting?

--Bryan