<VV> Politics on Virtual Vairs

Pete Hoekema Pete.Hoekema at muskegoncc.edu
Thu Mar 11 09:29:12 EST 2010

________________________________

In regards to the Toyota accelleration problem, I have long thought Consumer Reports showed a favorable bias toward any automobiles made in Japan but a few weeks ago it was proven to me.

One of their editors was interviewed on Fox News and asked whether or not he would drive his Toyota, with kids aboard, in view of the problems recently experienced with unintended accelleration. He said he would drive a Toyota without hesitation, even with his children in the car. The next day a man narrowly avoided death when his Toyota ended up in a ditch, partially underwater.

Do you think this editor would have given such a resounding vote of confidence to any American automobile manufacturer? I don't. If I had any respect for the opinions expressed in Consumer Reports before, it is gone now.