<VV> CORSA Members on the Internet

Bill Hubbell whubbell at cox.net
Thu Mar 11 19:57:27 EST 2010

In our modern world or instant messaging and short-attention spans it seems
that if a person takes a few days off from compulsively writing e-mails he
is deems as "unresponsive".  Well, somebody has to work in this world.....

Anyway, some of you may recall that I used to be the CORSA Secretary for a
few years.  During that time we amended the CORSA Bylaws.  We on the board
had a big "discussion" at the time about whether we should seek membership
approval at the CORSA "annual meeting" (which is held as part of the annual
convention - in Portland, that year) or by sending out ballots.  We
untimately decided on Ballots, as we thought it gave members a greater
chance of having their voices heard.  Well, I only got back 346 ballots out
of 5,115 sent out - a return rate of only 6.8%, and this was about amending
our Bylaws!

Hence my skepticism about surveys.

Bill Hubbell