<VV> Now tires - a little Corvair

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri Mar 12 11:16:43 EST 2010

Here's what I sent Joe:

Ellie's last F-150 had two sets of BFGs, the new F-150 will get some later this year.  Generally speaking BFG has become my default tire brand.  Decent price, performance, and wear - I don't particularly want tires to last 80k, due to the age cracking Joe mentioned.  We got 50k out of the tires on her truck, and 45 or so out of the T/As I put on the Neon.  The wagon is going to be riding on BFG g-Force Sports as soon as this weekend's rain passes, my guess is we'll replace them due to age, not mileage.  They are a summer tire, but in all honesty the Corvairs just don't get driven much when it's cold out and never really in the snow anymore.

--Bryan