<VV> Car History Question -- No Corvair

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Mar 13 00:41:00 EST 2010

Try again, the Henry J and the Allstate both had the 4 cylinder engine
as standard equipment. The 6 cylinder was for the deluxe versions. Both
were made by the Kaiser-Fraiser Corporation, but the engines were
supplied by Willys-Overland Corporation.

Also, the Willys 4 banger 134 was available in Jeep ( Jeepster) products
as both a flat head and an F head design. Just as the 6 was also made in
flat and F head versions.

But the answer to the question of what cars were the economy cars, just
about any used car of four+ years old would fit that description. Used
car prices dropped very quickly. $150 could buy most any 6 year old
Chevy, Ford or Plymouth. Check the old classifieds of the newspapers
back then.

Frank DuVal