<VV> Chapter member - where?

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Sun Mar 14 22:45:42 EDT 2010

When I lived in Elbert, CO I belonged to Pike Peak Corvair Club, meetings 30
miles each way. My wife Debbie was the president for many years.  I also
belonged to Rocky Mountain Corsa 70 miles away.  The PPCC meetings were on
Sunday morning, so it was about a 40 minutes trip depending on weather.  RMC
meetings were on Friday nights. I would leave a couple of hours early, If I
got there early, I would eat at a sit-down restaurant before the meeting.
If the weather or traffic was bad, I'd go to McDonalds.  Sometimes the
weather and traffic were so bad, I didn't get dinner until after the
meeting.  I never missed a meeting but often had to take the 4 wd Exploder
in the winter.

I now belong to Classic Corvair of River City and the meetings are 35 miles
away, I don't make meetings as often as I would like, but as a single parent
of two HS kids who are active in Scouts, sports and music, a lot of times
getting to meetings doesn't work.  The meeting this month, both of my kids
have a track meet the same day.

I also from time to time participate with Central Valley Corvairs club which
is 100 miles away. My girlfriend lives in Modesto three blocks from Frank
and Lana Dotson.  I've known Frank & Lana, the news letter editor of the
Windjammer since the 1993 convention.

dp