<VV> Wheels for early model

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Tue Mar 16 20:46:49 EDT 2010

14's in appropriate sizes are now nearly as limited as 13's... no high
performance options at all, but there are some H rated tires which do pretty
well... and while base wheelcovers aren't available in 14's, stock appearing
wires and simulated mag covers are.

Decent performance options are still available in 15's but you won't have a
"stock" look.

One additional thought... Corvairs are extremely sensitive to unsprung
weight. You simply wouldn't believe how much better even a stock Corvair
drives with lightweight alloy rims instead of steel wheels and heavy stock
wheelcovers. Add some sticky V or better rated tires and you'd swear you
were driving a different car...

Yes, my wife's '67 vert has 14" steel wheels and heavy mag wheelcovers...
her choice, not my preference...   I bought lightweight alloys for it and
she told me to sell them.... still working on her since I likely have the
last 205/65VR14's in the country and they are getting old.....

Bill