<VV> Rotella Ask Our Expert: Gasoline Engines

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 17 00:39:55 EDT 2010

How Timely...

I've been doing some of the same searches this evening.  Want to do an oil
change in the AM and picked up a gallon of Rotella T (Triple Protection)
earlier.  I have been using Mobil 1 for diesels, but it was not on the shelf
at Auto Zone.

This is a multi-weight oil - 15W40.  Now that I read the Rotella label more
closely, I'm seeing "Meets API Service CJ-4, CI-4 PLUS, CH-4, CG-4, CF-4,
CF/SM".  I'm thinking that this should NOT go in a Corvair engine.

Agreed?

I think I will return this tomorrow and go find the Mobil 1 diesel
elsewhere.

If someone thinks I'm on the wrong track, please let me know.

Thanks.

Later, JR