<VV> Does anybody know this Corvair?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Mar 17 13:11:38 EDT 2010

Hi Guus,

Ok, I don't know anything first hand, but I see a few things from the photos that suggest the seller is stretching the truth a bit.

First, they note a repaint.  I'm pretty sure the top has also been replaced.  It has dual exhaust, and enough details in the engine are wrong - oil filler cap, generator mount, negative battery cable - that it really doesn't fit my idea of "original".  In fact, I think it's pretty likely the car has been completely apart.  That could be good - if the work was done well.  But it doesn't look to me to be what is advertised - a Survivor.

--Bryan