<VV> Oil with ZDDP

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Wed Mar 17 13:27:53 EDT 2010

Many mfg of oil have an oil for flat tappet engines (it will say so
on the bottle).  This has ZDDP (zinc and other stuff) at levels
closer to older motor oil than what is generally used now.  Diesel
oil now no longer normally contains enough either.  Often you can
find the level at the mfg site.  I use Mobil 1 15-50 "racing" oil
which is also labeled for flat tappet engines.  According to their
site it has 1600 ppm zinc which is as high as I have seen (a lot of
the others have 1200).  Anyway, it is a great readily available (as
in Walmart) oil at a reasonable price. Eric

At 09:00 AM 3/17/2010, you wrote:
>From: chartzel at comcast.net
>Subject: <VV> Oil with ZDDP
>To: virtualvairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
><584642912.3203181268841286298.JavaMail.root at sz0034a.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net>

>At the last Performance Workshop in Dayton, OH a rep from Brad Penn
>Oil was there and he sold a bunch of good oil with ZDDP in it.? By
>the time I went to buy a case it was sold out.? Not finding any
>dealers near me, I discovered you can buy Brad Penn racing oil on
>Amazon.com.? What could be easier?? Delivered right to your door by
>UPS (or whatever shipping service they use).? Made in America
>(Pennsylvania)?by Americans in the old Kendall Oil refinery.?
>Kendall was good enough for Don Garlits so I am sure it is good enough for me!
>
>Clark Hartzel

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

Fun personal pictures:  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and
more.  http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

However, most new pictures are on Facebook.