<VV> Wheels for early model

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Mar 18 10:26:52 EDT 2010

Hi Karl,

Forget going to a generic tire store unless you already know what you need.  If you have a place near you that caters to the drift crowd you might have some success.  I got our wheels, brand new, from a guy with an eBay store (username sgmotoring).  If you go on eBay and search for 'ae86 wheels' you'll get lots of hits.  Here's a link to the 16" version of the same wheels I got, from the same seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16-7-XXR-Wheels-513-Gold-87-AE86-90-05-Miata-84-91-E30_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem335b2b053eQQitemZ220572878142QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3329wt_1023

BTW, you might consider some suspension mods if you haven't already, the swing axles allow for a lot of camber change and that may not mix well with really low profile tires that have very square corners.

You'll also need new 'tuner' lug nuts, and you'll need to remove the rivets from the front hubs.

--Bryan