<VV> NCIS-LA 1955 Porsche Spyder understeer ?

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProPer.com
Fri Mar 19 15:26:05 EDT 2010

In a recent episode of NCIS-LA, the director claim she wrecked 1955 Porsche Spyder (in Monte Carlo) because she could not not get used the "understeer" ?

Should that have been "oversteer" - I've never driven one, but I think it's oversteer that makes a car fun to drive, right ?

Understeer is "safer" mostly for people who don't know how to drive, or if you DO know how and know how to use it to your advantage, but oversteer is problematic for people who are accustomed to understeer.

If I remember correctly, many Corvair "problems" were encountered when drivers would use the Corvair "in a pinch" when their Buick was in the shop or something, so they had to drive their "other" car ?

So, I'm thinking it would be oversteer that caused her to paint the roadside with her Porsche Spyder ?

Charlie