<VV> Door Latch Problem

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Fri Mar 19 19:43:26 EDT 2010

Jeff,

You live in a wet environment so you may have some corrosion issues.
Because you can get it to latch by lifting I'd say your return spring isn't
broken.  I'd wipe any gritty/greasy residue off of the latch on the door  and
then spray some light lubricant like WD40 or Liquid Wrench lube with PTFE in
the latch mechanism.  Do it from above too spraying down through the door
glass slot.  A thin coat of white lithium grease to finish things up will
probably get it working like new again.  I had one door that didn't  properly
latch because the lock knob mechanism had become corroded and wouldn't  let
the latch work freely.  Spraying from above into the glass slot bought  me
time until I could take the door panel off and overhaul everything.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics
CORSA