<VV> Local Corvair - now driver's test

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Sat Mar 20 11:52:19 EDT 2010

In a message dated 3/20/2010 7:38:38 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ChiefTAM at aol.com writes:

Speaking  of that, I wonder how many on the VV list actually took their
drivers test in a Corvair?  Kind of the original Corvair lovers   (nuts?)
maybe?
I took my driver's test in 1971 in my dad's 1969   LeMans Blue Monza
Convertible, 140 hp, 3-speed.   Even then,  I  remember the examiner saying
he
liked the car and his commenting  that most kids  didn't take there tests
in
manual transmissioned  cars.  I would guess it is  even rarer today.  So
how many
of us are there?

Todd in TX (for now)

I didn't take my original driver's test in a Corvair--they hadn't been made
 yet-- but I had to take a driver's test a few years ago (due to age, I
presume)  and I definitely used my '65 Corsa ragtop.  I got a few strange looks
from  various examiners but several thumbs-up from others waiting to take
their  exams.

Scotty from Hollyweird