<VV> Intermittent Corvair

Jason Cesana jacesana1 at cox.net
Sat Mar 20 21:33:34 EDT 2010

I agree with Mark. Mine did the same thing 2 summers ago. Then one day it
just would not start after a 5 mile trot to pick up milk at the local dairy.
I got it home and went right back out to go to a show and she would not
start. Checked the resistance on the coil and continuity and found it bad.
Replaced with a Car Quest one (not sure of the actual manufacturer) but it's
been fine since. The heat our motor throw out plus the actual operating temp
of the coil, I was told makes them go bad faster in our cars than most. But
that was just a passing comment. I am not sure of the validaty of that
claim.

Jason Cesana
Member Bay State Corvairs 2008
CORSA Member 2008