<VV> NCIS-LA 1955 Porsche Spyder understeer ?

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProPer.com
Sun Mar 21 01:17:40 EDT 2010

They once did that to my mother's Corvair, and it was like driving on black ice, until I stopped and let the air out.  She was scared that I made her car unsafe until she drove it a couple of blocks, and then she was convinced.

I once drove my father's car with a trailer that had a badly distributed long, most weight on the tongue, and it was like driving a Corvair with 32 lbs in the front tires.

The auto industry learned one thing from that, which was not to make a car that's different because people are not capable of dealing with change.

So what did they do ?  Next time they changed things with front-wheel drive, they all got together and gave us (almost) nothing but FWD choices. (OK, they tried earlier with Eldo's and Toronados, but that's another story)

Point is, don't do anything different, unless EVERYONE does it !

Charlie

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: S M
  To: Charles Lee
  Cc: HallGrenn at aol.com ; virtualvairs at corvair.org ; eprosise at hotmail.com
  Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2010 9:42 PM
  Subject: Re: <VV> NCIS-LA 1955 Porsche Spyder understeer ?

  I once had a new set of tires installed, and I told the installer that I wanted 32 rear and 21 front. He told me he would not do that and have me leave with the car in an unsafe condition! I tried to explain but under NO circumstances would he follow my instructions. So, instead, he had me leave with the car in an unsafe condition. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

  yea, Vairily ... Shaun