<VV> Oil spritzing onto top cover - symptom of ... ?

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 20:26:10 EDT 2010

Charles, Matt is correct. The rings may free up driving it, may not,
however, my 62 102 did this oil out the dipstick thing and I found the small
hose that goes from the crankcase vent over to the air cleaner was plugged
up. Clean that and make sure the PVC is working and the hoses are not
plugged that should take care of the oil out the dipstick.  Also, a bit of
marvel mystery oil in the oil to help loosen up any ring holding sludge is a
good thing. Run it 500 miles or so and then change the oil.  Don't forget
the ZDDP or use a oil that has the old levels, 1200ppm or better of Zinc and
Phosphorus. . Mark Durham