<VV> Valve geometry/140/Otto 20

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 20:34:11 EDT 2010

This is subject to lots of debate. You can debate or you can check it! Check
it! The reason it is a usefull procedure is that if the rocker arm is not
pushing straight down, at an angle, it will push sideways on the top of the
valve and will, over time, wear the guide into a one sided oval shape which
will make it harder for the valve to seat properly. Clarks has a kit to use,
Lon Wall thinks, I read a comment he made) that for a standard engine being
rebuilt, its not necessary, but in your case I would bet you are raising the
lift quite a bit.

I wouldn't get the Clarks kit until I put the engine together and checked a
higher lobe to see how the rocker arm presents on the top of the valve
stem.  Mark Durham