<VV> Oil Spray

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 23 13:14:25 EDT 2010

One thing I have found that tends to make the oil filter bolt prone to
leaking is that its mating surface is surprisingly uneven. Next time you
have the oil filter off, run a mill file over the top of the adapter
housing gasket surface. You'll be surprised with what you find. Also at the
same time, check to see that the bolt surface is smooth as well.

File the adapter's gasket surface flat, and you'll probably never have it
leak there again. Plus, you won't have to crank down so tight on the bolt
to get it to seal.

-Mark