<VV> Intermittant Corvair

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Mar 23 15:35:33 EDT 2010

I had a similar, but not identical issue with the wagon on the way to our local club meeting this weekend.  We put the new plug wires I had on the car, but the trip back it still was unhappy.

As long as it was running, everything seemed ok, but after the car had been going for a while it would stall as soon as I came to a stop and wouldn't restart until it had sat for 15 minutes or so.  Fortunately it was a nice day to admire the daffodils on Route 28.  I need to do some more troubleshooting, but the engine didn't seem very hot so I don't think it's a heat problem.  It looks like a fuel issue, but I do have a few other upgrades anyway, I think I'll do them and then take it out for a run and see if it stalls so I can figure out the exact symptoms and try a few of the remedies.

--Bryan