<VV> Stuff Under HInges

Carlton Smith carlton55 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 24 10:32:50 EDT 2010

Wade,

This is a putty type material that in the day was referred to a "dum-dum".
It was used in places on your car to seal off areas from moisture.

You may buy this material from several places and it is a 3M product, part
number 051135-08578 (black). Eastwood calls it "3M flexible strip caulk" .
It is packaged in a box with 60 = 1' lengths of strips that are apx. 1/4"
dia. They are layered between a wax type paper. I can't remember how much it
cost me a Eastwood. Well worth having around though. It is not supposed to
dry out, so no shelf life.

Carlton Smith
Indianapolis, IN
Circle City Corvairs member