<VV> Interstate Corvair travel with 'Antique' plate

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Mar 27 03:35:20 EDT 2010

In a message dated 3/26/2010 10:42:33 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
arlettecarl at hotmail.com writes:

We did  have extensive personal & property insurance cover for ourselves
and the  Corvair, but I am nevertheless happy we were not involved in an
accident.

What does everyone think? Am I right in believing that we probably  drove
this Corvair unregistered through numerous states across the United  States
before shipping it back to Australia?

Just wondered.

Carl  L. Kelsen

Carl - I think you were fine. Almost all states give you a period of time
to register a car when you buy it. Since the car was not to be registered in
 West Virginia - or in any Virginia - you were fine. You did need
insurance,  which you had. It is possible that one state or another might have
required what  is called a "Move Permit" or something like that. But one of the
great things  about the US is that the states have to recognize each others
laws (to a point).  The registration of the car in West Virginia was probably
good for a period,  maybe 10 days, before you had to bring the car to the
state to transfer the  title. Your state being that of Victoria!  <grin> I am
sorry I didn't  get to see the car when I was in Melbourne - exactly two
years ago! Be sure to  keep us up to date on the restoration/conversion.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette