<VV> Help!!!!!Rear wheel bearings

vair140 at aol.com vair140 at aol.com
Sat Mar 27 08:18:01 EDT 2010

Hi all,

FYI, Larry Claypool is still using this method.

Regards,

Guy Brandes

This method of greasing late rear wheel bearings I think has fallen out of
avor.
hile a good idea in theory; in practice, you never knew if you were putting
n too much grease, or not enough. Most folks did the former. In a short
eriod of time, the overpacked hub would spew the excess grease past the
uter seal, all over the brakes with the brake drum acting like a spatula.
I've done this Zerk fitting mod to a number of Corvairs with mixed success.
Harry Yarnell
erryman Garage and Orphanage
yarnell1 at earthlink.net