<VV> Toothed Belt/Pulley

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Sun Mar 28 17:07:31 EDT 2010

Scotty,

It is likely that, with a stock fan, the toothed belt would lose its teeth
very quickly.  The high inertia of the fan would want to maintain its speed
during quick changes in engine speed.  The Corvair belt/pulley system was
designed to slip under these changing speed conditions to reduce stress on the
belt and keep it from flying off.  That is why our belts must be loose.

Doc
In a message dated 3/28/2010 12:05:04 PM Pacific Daylight Time,