<VV> Too hot too handle?

Arend Huisman arendhuismus at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 31 05:04:03 EDT 2010

Dear gentlemen,

After 2 years of searching, asking this forum and development, we actually discovered why my heads (well, my Corvairs heads) ran too hot:

They didn’t! The gauge was 200⁰ off!

So we measured (with an alternate laser gauge) with the engine running idle, after a half an hour drive, 360⁰ where the gauge lied 560⁰.

And we dealt with the pinging by setting the initial timing to some 8⁰ pre ignition instead of the original 14⁰.

So now all is well and we drive the car as it is supposed to…

I would like to thank all the guys who responded on my questions and where helpful!

Kindest regards,

Arend Huisman, Netherlands