<VV> Repro battery: vintage looks/mod. inside?

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Wed Mar 31 12:58:25 EDT 2010

About a year ago I purchased a vintage look Delco repro battery from one of
 our vendors.  It's the battery that's shipped dry and must be charged
upon receipt by the buyer.  Well, it has never held a charge well at  all.
Since buying that battery, I learned that there was a vintage look  Delco
battery available that has modern components on the inside available from
Restoration Battery.  However, I spoke with Restoration Battery this week  and
they told me that their source for the modern insides that fit in the  original
look Delco repro battery for the Corvair is no longer available.   Can
anyone recommend another source for an original appearing battery that  is
modern (i.e. reliable) on the inside?

Thanks!

~Bill Stanley