<VV> Claypool's parts car

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 31 16:39:46 EDT 2010

I too hate to see a good body shell tossed out. But that's my point.
Claypool's car was far beyond saving. And that's my point with the question
I posed in the previous discussion. What do you do with a rare accessory,
if the car is like Claypool's car - too far gone to save, BUT you're
married to the idea that every car has to be restored to "as built"
condition? Seems to me that that policy can sometimes run counter to the
idea of historic preservation. In which case, it may be admirable, IF you
can do it and tollerate the results. But ultimately, what's the sense in it?

-Mark

pretty much the same thing. I looked long and hard at the pics and could
not tell it was even a Corvair. And I also liked PK (caveman) article
regarding original cars. As far as "rare, well optioned" cars (even though
the body may be GONE) deserve another shot on the roads which is why I hate
to see good bodies tossed out- also a previous post.
> Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado
> I AM NOT A FEDERAL LAW BREAKER OR ILLEGAL CAR DEALER

feel