<VV> Claypool's parts car

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Wed Mar 31 20:44:27 EDT 2010

What's restorable and what's not depends on which part of the country you
live in. I bought a parts Brier in 1995 which was someone's fishing van and
had been spun hard into a tree.  It hit on the right rear.  It hit hard
enough the differential case was broken and there was a dent from the top of
the wheel well to the roof.  It was pretty much rust free.  In New Mexico
that's a parts car.

lclc was out for the Convention site inspection visit and I told him Del
Patton was  going to take the engine, Mark Domzalski was going to take the
transmission, I was going to take some stuff I needed an scrap the van.
Larry convinced me to cut the front wheel wells off as I guess that is where
FCs rust out where cars rust.

As I said this was a guys fishing truck.  He liked to drink Bud when he
fished, the van was full of Bud cans from the rear doors to the back of the
second (first rear) seat.  I think I covered my costs by recycling the cans.
The wheel wells went with the rust free Corvan I gave away I gave away when
I moved back to CA.  Before the move I had eight corvairs.  I moved the 65
140 Monza, 61 Lakewood and the 63 Greenbrier.  Sold the 63 Monza, 64 Spyder
and 66 Monza 4 door.  Gave away the 64 Greenbrier (no engine, 63 car trans)
and 61 Corvan (not running 60 engine, 3 spd).

dp