<VV> Fwd: Hydraulic Press

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon May 3 01:09:47 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/2/2010 9:31:06 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
corvairduval at cox.net writes:

You will  need to acquire/make many jigs to do things. Those big socket
sets HF  sells work good as bearing press mandrels (until they break, but
they  replace them free). Buy several different sizes of plates so you
can stack  them for more jigging. Think, but be safe. Nothing like twelve
tons of  pressure to shoot something at you!

Frank  DuVal

My Harbor freight press - My first real shop tool - is still in use.   I
placed it in my garage but on an external corner where I learned to
(sometimes) pump the bottle jack while reaching around the corner. I wish  to keep
all of my OEM parts attached.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette