<VV> In defense of stock Corvairs

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Tue May 4 12:07:42 EDT 2010

Just like those who chose to use spin-on filter adapters, rather than
purchase AC PF-4 filters. It all goes back to market demand. If you chose
to cut off your nose to spite your face by insisting on using "alternate"
parts, you'll get what you deserve - an early demise of the original stuff.

Clark's was big enough to afford to have "genuine" Corvair-type filters
built, but he can't do that for everything. Even HE has his limits. And
tires may be crossing that line. Besides, classic cars look gross with huge
wheels. Ever see a '50's Chevy with Dub wheels? YUCK! A Corvair was meant
to have 13" wheels, 14's max. Even 15's are pushing it, IMHO.

For the record, I've tried some 14" Berlinetta aluminum wheels with
215-60R14's on a Corvair. Sure, they fit. But the car definately was
over-tired. I have them for sale now....

-Mark

CORSA