<VV> Still more Concours stuff

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed May 5 01:52:23 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/4/2010 10:32:00 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
airvair at earthlink.net writes:

And NO,  I am not trying to tell anyone what to do with their car(s). I
couldn't care  less. But I will defend with all my might to prevent the stock
class from  being adulterated by modified cars. A car is either stock or it
isn't. Why do  those who race and/or modify their cars insist on cramming
them into the stock  class? Modified cars have their own classes. It is they
who should leave the  stock car classes alone.

How is naming a modified class "Improved" adulterating the "Stock" class?
Does this somehow move (cramming?) modified cars into a stock class. And how
are  "racers" doing this. I do not understand this.

My suggestion - if you really want action, and are not just grandstanding -
 write your concerns to the Concours Chairman, with a copy to the BOD.
Suggest an  alternative and list your reasons.

Honestly, as a racer, I have no objections to calling it something else. My
 guess is "Adulterated" wouldn't be a big hit.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette