<VV> Still more Concours stuff

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Wed May 5 02:20:10 EDT 2010

The meaning of the word "improved" is as Kent mentioned. It implies that a
stock car needs improvement by changing things. That is why it's offensive.
Just like calling a custom car "adulterated" - as you point out, it
wouldn't be "a big hit".

Historically speaking, in the early ('70's) days of CORSA there was a
strong part of the membership that wanted to water down the definition of
the stock classes, so as to allow all sorts of modifications that weren't
factory or even dealer-installed. You just don't know the fight I had over
this back when I wrote the first set of rules. We almost didn't get them
passed by the board. I don't want to ever see that happen again.

-Mark

My