<VV> Corsa and the Corvair hobby

Jay Pitchford jay.pitchford at gmail.com
Wed May 5 06:35:19 EDT 2010

>I would  hate to think what a newbie to the group thought of all this
bickering.<

Being a member for less than a year, it is a bit of a turn-off, but not
enough to cancel my dues check. In a perverse way, it's good to see members
arguing over the future ... that's a sign CORSA will endure in some shape or
form.

>I, personally, do not believe the Corvair hobby is dying. Perhaps it can be
 thought of as middle aged.<

Like many a middle aged person, perhaps the Corvair hobby ... or more
precisely, some CORSA members ... could just use a dose of fiber to improve
their dispositions. Also, perhaps a few of us are more critical
and outspoken behind a keyboard than in person? I've yet to attend a CORSA
event and meet face-to-face any of the wonderful people here, but I'm
betting even the crabbiest ones are actually quite nice folks.

Perhaps CORSA should offer a tongue-in-cheek award at each national
convention, specific for VV site postings, and picked by the moderators: A
Golden Flame award for the past year's consistently grumpiest postings. The
trophy could include a year's supply of BeneFiber and three free
"Get-Out-Of-Moderation" cards. :-)