<VV> Corsa and the Corvair hobby

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed May 5 01:12:48 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/4/2010 6:34:24 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
vintagevwbeetles at gmail.com writes:

I would  hate to think what a newbie to the group thought of all this
bickering.  And we wonder why the Corvair hobby is dying - crap  the
current owners can't even get along  !!!!!

I, personally, do not believe the Corvair hobby is dying. Perhaps it can be
 thought of as middle aged.  Like the Corvair itself, Corsa, the club, is
not for everybody. And cannot be for everybody. I have been around Corvairs
since about 1967, and Corsa since 1973. One thing I have learned is that
having  an interest in the Corvair doesn't necessarily make someone a good
person. It might mean you have only one thing in common with him. He or  she
might be an ax murderer.  You hope that they are not, you often  assume that
they are not. A theme that I have raised before is that Corsa is  about
people, not the Corvair car. And people will disagree about  things. Truly the
Corvair Preservation Foundation is about the car. The  focus of CPF is, by
necessity rearward, toward the "era" of the Corvair, and the  people and
places that made it unique and admirable.

Corsa, the club, has to be concerned with the people in the club now, as
well as prospective members. The balance between those two groups will
always be a subject for discussion. It is always a focus for a business - and
Corsa, like it or not,has to be run as a business. I suppose you can think of
on  role of Virtual Vairs is a perpetual Annual stockholders meeting where
the  stockholders get to complain to the Board and the other stockholders
about the  way that Corsa is being run. All the time.  Oh joy!

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette