<VV> Concours- off the mark

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Wed May 5 12:53:27 EDT 2010

Mark & Bill --

I am truly sorry to see such umbrage and angst over the mere use of a
word. It's almost like you are trying to undo all the good work the SCG
has accomplished. It reminds me somewhat of the two siblings at the
breakfast table quibbling because one called the other some "name".
This isn't the nuclear arms treaty or such, it is just a car hobby and
is supposed to be enjoyed, and if you are going to let the use of a word
give you such upset, well maybe you need to step back and take a big
breath, but it does look like this perhaps has been building for a
while.  Seems like the time to have addressed it would have been a year ago.

I do understand what you are saying, but I do not understand why two
grown up men would be causing such a fuss over it, especially to the
point where it you are letting it effect the enjoyment of your long time
hobby.  Guys, it is just a word! It is not like the concours committee
deliberately keyed a scratch down the side of your beauties to check the
paint depth.

Sticks and Stones will break your Bones, but Names will never Hurt you.

mo,

Bill Strickland