<VV> Is it a corvair?

DON W HILTPOLD JR igotstuff at msn.com
Wed May 5 14:55:29 EDT 2010

With all the talk of modified & non modified corvairs I was wondering, is what I'm building a corvair. Short of having a corvair engine ( replaced with a Olds 260 ) its the front cab of a 61 rampside and 2/3s of a 63 couple. I'm still working on the body mods to fill in where the two were cut. the bodies rest on a modified pontiac chassie that had the front suspension piece added to the front of the frame. Is it a corvair I think so. I also have a 61 corvair wagon that was cut in twoand made in to a 2 door where the front and rear doors were cut up to make a single door ( not as big as a coupe door ) which I had to get new custom glass to fit. It was built back in the 70's as a 4X4, now sits on a GTO chassie. My other wagon a 62 has a Olds 215 aluminum V8 in the rear body remain mostly stock, with a 62 buick wilcat console and shifter. Are they corvairs I still think so. My only real corvair is a 64 700 sedan with a 63 engine ( the 64 engine was seized ) not original but still a corvair.
But hey that's me.
Don Hiltpold Jr.
SM Wisconsin