<VV> BYE!

corvairs at pacifier.com corvairs at pacifier.com
Wed May 5 18:49:39 EDT 2010

JR - Ted, and all- Let me be a "jerk" once again and point this out -

    Ted, I'm not picking on you - this is a prevalent attitude between
millions that use the internet, including many on this list.

    You joined the list because you were looking for free information and
"help". But it's worth what you pay for (Like everything else) and
there will always be nonsense and monkey business on most lists - BUT,
as JR pointed out - there are also people on this list who can
actually help you.

    What does it take to avoid the noise? A simple click of a button on
your part. Yet, as so many others have also said, you don't want
anything that annoys you in your search for free useful information.
To put a finer point on it - all the folks who maintain the list, put
valuable information on, have an obligation to not annoy you with
stuff you're not interested in.

    I guess entitlement is what makes the internet go round and is rapidly
becoming our national philosophy.

    VirtualVairs is created, maintained and financed by many people. The
moderators control how "free" the list will be. Because neither you or
I put a dime into a subscription we really have no right to demand
it's rules or content.

    And if the list is not "meeting your needs" then you have every right
to try and persuade it to change or leave. As an additional
observation, JR (who I have know personally for years and is a great
guy) felt it was necessary to try and talk you out of leaving. That's
because he means well. Heck - a lot of times I mean well too.

    But how backwards have we become on the 'net? I've learned over the
years that the harder you have to convince someone to let you do a
favor for them the less they will probably appreciate it in the end.

    Like I said, I don't know you Ted - You're probably a fine guy who is
most welcome here. Not at all like some clown who should be promoting
his business instead of writing letters like this one.

Lon