<VV> OK- I've calmed down - Introducing myself and GAS TANK QUESTION

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Wed May 5 20:54:40 EDT 2010

Ted, Ask away please. I do know the 1960 tank is a 1 year only part. I believe it also holds less gas than our 61-69 tanks. Does anyone out there know this for certain? And how much gas does it hold? Does it make a difference if the car came equipped with a gas heater or are all the '60 tanks the same? Did ALL the 1960 cars come with gas heaters? I believe the '61-'69 holds 14 gallons. And I know the fuel sender unit is held in with (6 I believe) nuts whereas our '61-'69 is held in with a retainer which requires (for ease if nothing else) a special tool to work with. Anyone care to chime in as I don't know these answers.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado
1960 - the only year Corvair I have never owned