<VV> Corvair with 50 miles/ Corvair 500's

gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Fri May 7 10:22:53 EDT 2010

My first Corvair was a Corvair 500, a 66 2-door. But did have radio, but no floorboards. My 3rd Corvair was a 67 4-door 500. With radio, and not much else. Drove it year round, but eventually my brother wrecked it.
This weekend there is a 68 Corvair 500 up for auction at an auction house in Batavia NY. The pictures of the car show no antenna, and I have actually seen this car before. I may go to the auction..........like I need another one!
But if the price is right!
As it has been said, not many want a plain jane 500. Then again, someone may come along thinking of taking it to Barrett Jackson and retiring.
Last year my son went to this auction house and bought a pretty decent 66 Valiant for $600. A 4-door, not much interest there either.

Gary Swiatowy