<VV> My first Corvair, was "Street Express"

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Fri May 7 10:29:27 EDT 2010

My first Corvair was a '66 Monza 4door, w/automatic and 110, in Madera
Maroon and black interior, and 15,000 miles. When it met an untimely demise
with a car-swallowing ditch, I bought another '66 Monza 4door, but in
Marina Blue, in and out (weren't they all?). I then also bought my third
Corvair, a 20,000 mile '67 Monza w/automatic, 110, and a/c (YES!!!). But it
was a convertible (damn!). Missed, and so close to perfection. But despite
it being a durn drop-top, the thing that sold it to me was that it was
Madera Maroon with black interior. Guess you can't find perfection.

Afterwards, I replaced the second '66 with a '67 Monza 4door, w/110 and
automatic, but (damnation) STILL in Marina Blue in and out (weren't they
ALL?)

Ever since, I've kept the drop-top, as being as close to what I really
wanted. At least the Madera Maroon keeps me warm at night. Now if only it
were a 4door - that would be PERFECTION! :o)

-Mark (STILL wanting my Madera Maroon 4door back)

P.S. I've had to be content with that drop-top and a loaded 67 Monza 4door,
but in Serra Fawn w/Capri Cream top and gold interior. But my current
project car, a '67 Monza 4door WILL be painted MAROON!