<VV> European LM's

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri May 7 12:40:09 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/7/2010 6:55:17 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ricebugg at mtco.com writes:

All:  Does anyone know if LM's sold in Europe had a hidden VIN  number?  If
so, is the location the same?  Was the number format  the same as those sold
here?

Thanks,
Historically  Yours,
James  Rice

James -

I gave Dave Newell a number plate I pulled off of a Belgian-built 67 Monza
in an Antwerp, Belgium auto wreckers in 1976. I am pretty sure it was
mounted in  the same area as the 65-66 plates were in the US. I never looked for
a hidden  stamp on the car. Dave shows a picture of the plate in his older
book, "The  Compleat Corvair", I believe. I also picked up the European
Speedo  (KM per  hour) and the 0 to 200 plastic faceplate. I really wanted to
haul home the  4-speed Saginaw transaxle, but it was too heavy for Carry-on
luggage!

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette