<VV> Engine Starting Problem

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Fri May 7 11:48:42 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/7/2010 11:41:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
yenko117 at yahoo.com writes:

Bob -  Sure sounds like a fuel problem to me. Tune-ups don't generally go
bad  overtime, as long as everything stays dry.
Couple things to check. Are you  getting squirts from the accel pumps?
After cranking it up, do you gets drips  from the venturi clusters so that it's
flooding? Any fuel smell to the oil or  exhaust pipe?
"Modern" fuel seems to have a shelf life of 3 days. I'd bet  there's some
issue with the fuel pump or the needle/seat in the  carbs.

Mike
YS-117

Mike,

The only smell I get is of bad gas.  The pumps are squirting ok--right
side is a little weak.  The in-line fuel filter is new.  I was just  completely
suprised that it fired right up without touching the accelerator when  I
cranked it for the first time after all the non-strart time--I'll check the
oil for gas tomorrow.  If it runs after I supply fresh gas I'll pump out  the
old and replace it--then rebuild the carbs and balance everything  again.

Thanks for the input.

Bob