<VV> Which Gauge?

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Mon May 10 11:52:09 EDT 2010

Remember that idiot lights usually tell you there's a problem AFTER your
engine's melted down, not before.

Good luck...Bill Hershkowitz, 69 Monza Coupe 110 PG

Actually that's incorrect!

 The oil pressure switch comes on when oil pressure falls below 3 psi...and below 7psi your lifters  bleed down and start clacking!

you have plenty of warning...

The Head temp switch comes on at 525F in 500's and Monzas...  575F  in  Corsas  and Spyders [????]

So no one in a Monza/ 500 /700 should ever burn up an engine.

Then you add the FACT that our head temp switches , as they age, turn on at lower and lower temps...

IF  the TEMP/PRESS  light illuminates...but not the GEN/FAN....  and I do not hear pinging,

 I slow down, shift to a lower gear....and keep driving....  it always goes off

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.verizon.net/nalllm