<VV> Update - Automatic Floor Shift kit

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Thu May 13 20:48:15 EDT 2010

Don't give yourself any credit that isn't due. I ALWAYS had it in mind.
Just didn't have a source for the special cable that was needed to make it
work. Ansen used a really heavy cable that looks like a normal trans shift
cable, but with identical fittings on either end. A really tough item to
reproduce.

I felt that the main objective was to get the main mechanism reproduced
first, and make it adoptable enough to fit both early and late cars. Just
to HAVE something is progress.

The cable we're going to use is an adaptation of a heater cable. I don't
yet feel certain enough that it would operate a dash-mounted neutral safety
switch in a positive enough manner to allow the switch to operate
precisely, so I am still advising relocating the switch to the tunnel. But
it appears to be good enough to suffice for a gear indicator.

-Mark