<VV> Dropped valve seat in Colorado

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Fri May 14 20:19:33 EDT 2010

Randy,

That's the first half.   Apparently steel seats in aluminum heads  don't
like the rapid cool down when you go down the hill after heating up on the
climb.  So you want to shift up after you crest the hill so you don't  descend
in a lower gear at first which causes rapid cooling.  Let the heads  cool
off gradually after the hot climb.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics
CORSA

In a message dated 5/14/2010 6:32:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,