<VV> Reverse switch - not Corvair though.

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Sat May 15 06:57:02 EDT 2010

An excellent truth ... sadly less and less available to the average American family.
Ken P

"Charles Fregeau" <n5hsr at sprynet.com> wrote:

We had a 62 700 coupe (Powerglide).  You did have to put it in neutral to
start it, I thought.
We also had a 3-on-the-tree Chevy II 300 ('63, one step below the Nova) and
you could start it and pull the key anywhere, but as a new driver, my dad
expected me to check to see it was in neutral before depressing the clutch
and starting it.  Our 'safety mechanism' was called DAD.

Charles Fregeau
Ex 62 700 coupe.