<VV> Driving with Dads rules

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sat May 15 07:26:20 EDT 2010

 Our 'safety mechanism' was called DAD.
 Charles Fregeau

Brings back memories of my dad teaching me how to drive the O'l 52 Chevy
with three on the tree.
He was a truck driver all his working life and had a perfect record. I now
remember all the safety rules
he was trying to pound into my young head! I don't think he ever drove more
than 55 mile per hour in his life
and never got a ticket of any kind.
I however can't say that.....
We had to take his car away from him in his later years....he scared the
crap outta me the last time I rode with him
and my step mom refused to ride with him for the same reason.
Sad but true.
He never cared for Corvairs or other small cars. He was always a big car man
and would argue with me that
big cars hold the road better. Actually, there was NO arguing with
him....about anything. It took me some time
to learn that.

Rick Norris